General

General

Categories

1. Dashboards and reports should be able to be created to report on multiple projects. If an organization is able to report on all the activity within Practitest, it will allow Executive Leadership the ability to see the entire workload of what is being processed via Practitest.

It really will show the immense activity accomplished during testing as a whole.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I use parameters both to allow for flexible test reuse but also to help identify which portion of an app I'm testing, when different sections are similar. In some cases, this would allow me to use a parameter in the test name instead of in every step of a test.

It would also help with JIRA integrations where the specific section (defined as a parameter in the title) would automatically be added to the issue ticket summary field during the 'Fail & Issue' process.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Christine responded

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your request.

Kindly note that we are thinking on how to add the first part of your request to our solution.

With regards to JIRA, at this moment our policy is not to send additional data other than title, status and description to JIRA, hence this part is not planned to be added to the product in the near future.

Thanks again and will keep you posted.

Best regards,
    Christine

3. It would be utmost useful to be able to see any comments devs make in Jira on a bug so that Qa can see it in Practitest. Not just name, description and status.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When there is a problem / something unclear with a test, the author is addressed for explanation.
    The author is not conserved when cloning tests (example - when moving tests from one project to another), causing a lot of confusion as to who should receive the questions. The cloner is listed as the author.
    When cloning tests, i can choose which attributes of the test i want to import to the cloned test (version, status, componenet, etc). Author is listed but cannot be selected. Please add the ability to import that as well.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. On the Test sets overview it is not possible to see if tests are automatically running. It would be nice to have the Run Statuts of a Test set at RUNNING when one of its Instance is at RUNNING.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Right now, we only have:
    - "Run date"
    - "Status"
    - "Tester"

whenever we look at the test run history for instances. It'd be neat to have the option to add custom fields so we can better track previous runs.

For example: I want to be able to add "Commit hash" and "branch" to test instances run history so I can see the last GitHub commit that was tested.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. At the moment the 'Save Changes' option is a default one, we would like to have the 'Save & Close' as default within our account. Can you add an option to enable this per account?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Create possibility of adding parameterized values to test cases or steps and generation of new cases from predefined csv lists with values for these parameters. FYI This feature exist in QAComplete :)

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I would like the ability to select a range of Tests by holding down the shift key and selecting the first and last item. This would really improve my productivity when working with large numbers of tests.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like to link a particular testset execution result to Jira ticket.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Vanaja,

Thanks for your feature request.

Wanted to add a small comment regarding: the request posted asks to show Test Set run status within JIRA stories (tasks).

Best regards,
    Christine

11. Add the ability to auto-reopen a closed bug when it is linked to a failed test step on a particular test run

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When Practitest generates a 'detail' report of tests, in Excel format, there are two blank columns on the left (A & B) and a lot of blank rows padding the report. These blanks waste space on the screen/ sheet when printing. I have to manually remove these every time, which wastes time. Please could you take them out of the default report ?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. This will make this process more productive and easy.

Same as you do in JIRA tickets - pasting a screenshot from clipboard within the create screen, automatically uploads it to the ticket.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When creating a manual parameterised test set, multiple instances of a test case need to be added. At present this needs to be done individually. It is suggested that there is an option to 'Add multiple instances' to the dropdown menu by the '+ Add selected tests' (underneath Add all test in view). This triggers an input box to appear where a two digit number can be entered, and all test cases ticked will be added that number of times

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow the cut and paste of information from Word, Excel or any othe non-8 bit editior.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We think the following would improve the Jira integration tremendously if implemented:
    - In the auto generated issue description (when clicking fail & issue) include the expected result

• Make linking existing issues less cumbersome. At the moment users need to:
      1) Add the ID
      2) Navigate to the issue
      3) Edit it with the pt_id
      4) refresh in the step
      This should all ideally done by PT (itself + the Jira plugin)

• Full 2 way integration: add a tab in Jira that lists hyperlinks of all the linked PT tests (other tools such as QMetry do this)

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. So when i go to the Report Center that it will be possible to upload our logo in a report.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for your feature request.

We are currently working on a new version of the reports engine where we are planning to add the feature you request.

Best regards,
    Christine

18. It can be used to run any report that multiple DB insertions that are not currently supported

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I need to be able to see if a tester has deleted, added, or reordered test instances to a test set.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Currently when you add link as attachment to test or step it is always prefixed with "http://". I would like to have option to add internal links to the server locations so not http connection. Can you please remove adding http protocol in attachments?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?