I suggest you ...

Suggestion on the "Call to test" feature

The feature "Call To Test" brings some limitations to us. I want to see if your team can provide some solutions or improvement plan. Thanks you!

1. No tracability between parent test cases and the called tests
* Tester is difficult to trace the relationship between parent and the called test
2. Cannot preview the called test steps in the test cases. The test case only show the title of the called tests
* It's time consuming to open the new tab to view cases one by one
* Suggestion: Preview by clicking a button
3. Export test cases: Test cases exports with only the title of called test. Testers need to manually copy and paste the description and expected results of the called test
* It's time consuming to do it manually
* Suggestion: Can we export the test cases of the description and expected results of the called test?
4. Import test cases: There is a "Import Steps" feature in Practitest. However, I can't see it is supporting the "Called To Tests" feature.
* Suggestion: Can we have a import field with test ID?
5. Cannot update the original test cases of the called test when running the parent test case
* Testers always need to go back the Test Library and update the test cases
* Suggestion: Can we have a button for updating the called test when running the parent test case

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Noelle Chan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base